XSEED Games / Marvelous USA, Inc. is looking for a Localization Producer to join our team. Our Localization Producers are project managers responsible for shepherding titles from concept to release, ensuring the on-time completion of tasks by the localization team. Producers serve as liaisons between our teams and development staff, ensuring smooth communication between parties, and are responsible for consulting with management on scheduling, budgets, and other essential issues. Localization Producers must be able to work comfortably within a wide variety of genres within the console gaming space, becoming experts on their title to be able to provide support for marketing, sales, and other departments.
***We are currently operating on a full-time remote basis with the possibility to transition to a hybrid work model in the future.***
- Take responsibility for a single title from concept to release, managing all phases of localization including translation and quality assurance. Ensure that the vision and nature of the title is clear and articulated to all stakeholders.
- Create a localization schedule based on planned release dates and game details, in consultation with management. Ensure that the schedule is followed to completion and propose adjustments as necessary.
- Oversee the localization of text from Japanese to English, contributing translation or editing as required according to abilities. Assign text to internal staff or contractors as required by the scope of the project. On projects with multiple translators, editors, or both, ensure that localized text is consistent and that all staff working on the text are aware of terminology, style, and other factors required for a coherent product.
- Manage voice recording, if required by the project, from quoting to delivery of the final files to the development team.
- Ensure that the product is registered correctly with the platform-holder and guide the project through the code submission process, coordinating with the platforms experts as necessary.
- Create testing guidelines for Quality Assurance and work with management and the developers to set up a QA schedule. Serve as or designate a coordinator throughout the QA period between internal testers, external testers, and the development team as necessary.
- Communicate with the development team throughout production, through an intermediary as required.
- Team management – Schedule and coordinate the details for all necessary meetings and ensure completion of action items.
- Drive the goals of milestones in conjunction with the wider Production Team and the game development timeline.
- Provide progress reports to management and consult on any issues that arise. Conduct postmortem analysis of projects to identify areas for improvement.
- Attend major events as needed, including trade shows such as E3.
- Assist marketing with PR copy and other supplemental text, as necessary.
- Research or evaluate potential titles and provide feedback if required.
- At least 2 years of combined production, project management, or localization experience within the game industry
- Computer proficiency
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, web design, other IT experience a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Interest in and familiarity with video games. Experience playing Marvelous franchises like STORY OF SEASONS and Rune Factory is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in English. Business-level proficiency in Japanese is a plus, but not strictly required.
Salary commensurate with experience.