XSEED Games is looking for a Localization Assistant to join our team. The Localization Assistant is a generalist capable of performing numerous tasks within the localization process, providing support in text proofing, quality assurance testing, and other tasks. (May also assist marketing as necessary) The ideal candidate must love games and have a strong passion for working across multiple game genres from hardcore RPGs to lighthearted titles with lots of fan service. Industry experience is a plus and work experience of 1 to 2 years in an office-related setting is preferred. This is a full-time position based in Torrance, California.
- Perform localization quality assurance tasks including proofing text files, testing work-in-progress builds, and writing bug reports. Work will be reviewed by the Production Associate and project leaders.
- Assist in organizational tasks such as maintaining and reviewing changelogs.
- Install builds for console and PC as needed and help maintain testing hardware.
- Assist other staff with footage and screenshots for various submissions, including ratings and store metadata.
- As requested, perform market and title research, looking for industry trends and potential development partners, particularly in the indie sphere.
- Deliver progress reports to supervisor to ensure milestones are met.
- Attend major Marvelous events as needed, including trade shows such as E3.
- Research or evaluate potential titles and provide feedback whenever there are new games presented internally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English or equivalent experience in copy editing and proofreading
-Experience with Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
-Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, web design, and other IT experience a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proficient proofing skills and excellent attention to detail
- Interest in and familiarity with video games
- Japanese language knowledge a plus, but not required
- Qualified candidates will be asked to complete a short proofreading test