XSEED Games is looking for a Head of Marketing to join our team. Our Head of Marketing is responsible for driving the strategy and execution for marketing initiatives on both a domestic and global scale, identifying short-term growth opportunities, and laying the groundwork for long-term strategic opportunities. Job duties also include enhancing XSEED/Marvelous USA’s reputation, brands, products, and businesses in North America through public relations, coordinating public events, and marketing initiatives. Industry experience is a must, and work experience of 7 to 10 years related to marketing is required. This is a full-time position based in Torrance, California.
***Depending on the hire date, we may have the candidate start working full-time remotely.***
- Responsible for all North American marketing strategies and programs, while working with counterparts in the Japanese and European offices to coordinate global efforts.
- Responsible for setting and overseeing the budget of all marketing-related efforts in North America.
- Develop long-term road maps for trade shows and events, gathering input from all teams to gauge the health and success of brand and marketing campaigns.
- Serve as the lead in developing strategy, planning, managing, and implementing XSEED/Marvelous USA’s business communications.
- Identify and propose key strategic alliances with external brands, media, and commercial partners.
- Become a brand expert on XSEED/Marvelous and our published products to understand how best to tell our stories on micro and macro levels.
- Perform day-to-day research on North American players’ feedback to our launch initiatives, news stories, press releases, and updates.
- Work with various Departments within the company to gain support for key initiatives of our products.
- Provide feedback to our parent company Marvelous Japan as well as other publishing publishers on how best to maximize the promotion of their products for the Northern American market (e.g. press release timing and style, collaboration announcements, etc.)
- Communicate, engage, and interact with the first-party platform holders (PlayStation, Nintendo, Xbox, etc.) to secure and coordinate co-marketing opportunities on each platform.
- Lead and assist with advertisement-related initiatives such as television commercials, internet-driven ads, and traditional print ads, while also working with our social media team to drive engagement and recruit key influencers.
- Assist and manage internal and external creative teams for the creation of both digital and physical assets, including packaging assets for retail releases.
- Manage employees working in the Marketing Department spanning creative, social media, and PR responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or MBA from a competitive university or equivalent work experience of 7 to 10 years.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office (Proficient especially in spreadsheets, database, and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, and Final Cut Pro is preferred.
- Excellent communication, persuasion, presentation skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge or interest in video games and interactive entertainment is a must.
- Japanese language knowledge is preferred, but not required
Salary commensurate with experience.